It's amazing and sobering to contemplate the end of another year. They pass so quickly now as the kids get older and life seems to be so full of busy. Tonight, we will be watching the ball drop, watch the old year slip away and the new one take it's place. I plan to sit in comfy pj's, drink some tea and cider, and enjoy being home.
I don't have any end of the year finishes to celebrate with, but I'm going into 2007 feeling really great about the stitching goals I have set in front of me. This year I plan to finish as many UFO's as I can, stitch as many ornaments as possible, and learn a new thing or two (or three or four). A couple of these are knitting and playing bagpipes. I hope to get some of my scrapbooks finished, and I do have some sewing goals to accomplish, too.
I'll be starting a couple of classes later in January, working towards an advanced certificate to compliment my Personal Training certificate I earned the first half of this year.
My prayer is to listen for the small, still voice of God speaking in my life. He is with me at all times, but I'm am nowhere near as obedient to his callings and plans as I can be. I pray for his strength when I loose my patience, and for his wisdom in seeing the wonderful people he is creating in my children.
I don't have any end of the year finishes to celebrate with, but I'm going into 2007 feeling really great about the stitching goals I have set in front of me. This year I plan to finish as many UFO's as I can, stitch as many ornaments as possible, and learn a new thing or two (or three or four). A couple of these are knitting and playing bagpipes. I hope to get some of my scrapbooks finished, and I do have some sewing goals to accomplish, too.
I'll be starting a couple of classes later in January, working towards an advanced certificate to compliment my Personal Training certificate I earned the first half of this year.
My prayer is to listen for the small, still voice of God speaking in my life. He is with me at all times, but I'm am nowhere near as obedient to his callings and plans as I can be. I pray for his strength when I loose my patience, and for his wisdom in seeing the wonderful people he is creating in my children.
Drawn Thread's Mini Teaching Sampler
May peace and joy be with you tonight, as you reflect on all this year has meant to you, and you look ahead to all the coming year will be.
2 comments:
What a beautiful sentiment. I too must take time to listen to that small whisper. In fact, my favorite bible verse is Be still and know I AM God. Thank you for befriending me...I am blessed beyond abundance.
and also with you, CJ
Post a Comment