Friday, December 22, 2006

Looking like Christmas

Thank you so much for all the kind comments on my last post. I haven't really spent much time here, as I've really been baffled by the posting of pictures, but after spending so much time visiting all the lovely blogs I've found, and being enabled by so many wonderful stitching pictures, I'm trying to make a renewed effort.

I wanted to share some pictures of my Christmas decorations. I love this time of year because I really enjoy revisiting the ornaments and decorations I've collected over the last 25 years. Some belonged to or were made by my mom (who passed away the year we were married). Our Christmas tree is my absolute favorite, and it's where I concentrate most of my energies. Handmade, Hallmark, craft sale, exchanges, they are what make up my tree, and I love when it's lit and the lights are out in the room, and there is such a soft glow. So thank you for taking part in this little tour.

I stitched this Santa from an old CS&CC issue, and added a miniature Hallmark ornament as a toy.

Here is my bench with our stockings, a snowman and Santa, and the Christmas books I've collected over the year. One of them is a story called 'Christmas in California, copyright 1924 and given to my mom and her sister. It's very appropriate, given our California Christmases.

Our Christmas tree (I hope the picture is standing up and not laying on it's side-that might be beyond my current capabilities!)

I'll post more in a separate post.

No comments: